. . . Welcome! . . . feel free to browse and make comments . . .

Monday, April 24, 2006

Morning Walk ~

Stood in the middle of a field and listened to a happy twirping of a lark that was fluttering high above me. Then I saw a windhover approaching, stand perfectly still in the air, the soft white of the flapping underwings caught in the sunlight. Then I saw a crow coming from directly behind the windhover and finally the two birds swooped. The crow flew on but the windhover went down.

I waited long but saw nothing more of that noble wind-dancer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful picture you have presented here!

Anonymous said...

I live in the middle of the city and do not get to see such a dance often. Usually there is not all that room for such freedom.
But occaisionally I do get to see similar 'play' and acts of praise which I like to call my "minute vacations"...a tiny custom made space for silence and rest of the mind in the middle of a busy schedule.
Aren't they wondrous?!